Monday, July 5, 2010

Are we crazy for being obediant to what God has called us to?

I think that my family & Friends thinks we are crazy! I just don't know how to explain our choices in life, in a way that they would understand! Adn yes I know This path is a choice. But I know God called me to be a foster parent and to Adopt through foster care. Richard and I also know that God has called us to start praying for the children that have yet to come home to us!!!!!!!!
We know ther are more and that in his time they will come home. Trinity is praying for an siblings over 2 she is tired of the babies. and I don't blame her so am I at times... 3 under 2 is hard. But they will all be teenagers before I blink I just know it. Then we will have new issues !

and the "HARD" is the reason I don't think my family understands why we want more. From there perspective I could see why they wouldn"t understand

US Them
There are kids that need a forever family How will we take care of more kids
God as called us to this life! Are you sure he is calling you
God has provided thus far and he will What if something happens to one of you what would you do
continue to be faithful!

If this isn't your calling I don't expect you to understand!! To the outsider our family is overwhelming , But it works. Now don't get me wrong it is not always smooth sailing. I will be the first to tell you tat I am not super mom! I hate house cleaning and tend to let the laundry pile up. I am Not a morning person so I tend to be grumpy untill I've have 2 cups of coffee. But I love my family and with the exception of the kids I have yet to bring home , I wouldn't change things!!!!!!!!! But I would love to hear your thoughts!!!!!! When I was growing up our family verse was Isiah 40:31 and I am reinstating this for my family now and adding 28-31.

28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

I am also asking for prayer!!!!! Our minivan has lost the AC and is acting weired. Please pray it is an easy fix, and inexpencive!

No comments:

Post a Comment